Financial Analyst – Financial Reporting, Analysis and Forecasting
Boxes Inc. was established in St. Louis in 1977. In those 40+ years, Boxes Inc. has become known as an industry leader by providing printed and litho laminated corrugated products including industrial shipping and packaging products, POP displays and signage across the St. Louis area. The Boxes Inc. commitment to hard work, innovation, quality, customer satisfaction and a “can do” attitude has enabled the company to grow to more than 300 employees and a new facility totaling more than 500,000 square feet. Due to our continued growth we are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Accounting Department team.
The Financial Analyst for Financial Reporting & Analysis supports management’s financial and operational reporting, and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating financial and operating information. The FR&A Analyst works with employees at all levels of the organization both at the corporate office and the manufacturing locations to identify, analyze, and report on what drives company performance.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare financial and business related analysis and research in such areas as operating costs, project margin analysis, capital expenditure rate of return, working capital, and cash flow.
· Assist in preparation and analysis of month-end and quarter-end financial reporting packages for Board of Directors, banks, sureties and internal users
· Responsible for treasury management and cash flow forecasting
· Help develop, maintain and analyze key performance metrics, reports, and dashboards
· Coordinate variance analysis and explanations
· Prepare consolidated forecasts and budgets, and analyze trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas
· Participate in year-end audit preparation
· Develop financial models/tools to understand strategic initiatives - “what-if” scenarios
· Take lead on specialty projects to improve process efficiency and control costs, working with other departments in preparing analyses
· Compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data developed
· Assist with presentations to Senior Management and Board of Directors and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and accounting skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and comfortable working with ERP software systems
· Ability to travel to plant locations
· Highly driven with desire to take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to prepare reports with graphs and charts
· Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field
· 3+ years business related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.