At Boxes Inc./Mid America Display, our mission is to provide the best value to our customers and be known as the best provider in our industry. To that end, we are committed to creating paths for complete customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We believe that our approach to committed partnerships and customer service have contributed to our success. We are ready and willing to do whatever it takes to serve our customers’ requirements. Due to our continued growth we are seeking to add a Graphic Finishing Operator to our team!
GRAPHIC FINISHING OPERATOR (Zund/Kongsberg) - 2nd shift
Responsible for setting up and operating cutting and finishing machines in our graphic finishing department. Flexibility is key, and in this role you'll learn how to operate state-of-the-art digital die cutting and router machines. We have (2) Zund D3 dual
beam with BHS150, and (2) Zund G3’s. You'll setup and operate the equipment according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines. Finishing operators will also operate guillotine paper cutters and work in our fulfillment departments as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Setup and operate digital die-cutting and router presses such as Zund D3, Zund G3.
- Make adjustments to cutting file in Zund Cut Center to optimize speed, registration, and quality.
- While efficiently operating equipment, must consistently watch for quality concerns, clean finished parts before shipping, as well as package job as speed allows.
- Accurately interpret, document and communicate diagnostic feedback from equipment and act upon information to resolve production, maintenance and repair issues.
- Safely, move materials and completed parts to appropriate locations via forklift.
- Perform routine QC checks throughout production run to proofs, job ticket, and previously saved parts.
- Package finished parts safely in cartons or pallet depending on need.
- Read and understand job tickets thoroughly.
- Measure parts using calipers, measuring tape, and precision pins and compare to blueprints or sample parts.
- Complete required paperwork and quality assurance documents for jobs.
- Clean up work area and machines as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance on machine as required.
- Follow and comply with all safety rules and policies.
- Communicate and follow direction from Supervisor.
- Help in other areas of business as needed such as fulfillment packing, guillotine cutting, lamination, or printing.
- Hours are 3:30pm - 12:00am M-F
- Experience working within a sign shop or printing environment with exposure to laminating, attention to detail, plotter cutting, graphic printing, or guillotine cutting is a major plus.
- Ideal candidate would have 1-2 years graphic finishing experience.
- Technical familiarity of Esko Kongsberg equipment / iCut software, Zund equipment / Zund Cut Center is a major plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent is mandatory.
- Candidate must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
- Must have good judgement of acceptability of print and cutting quality.
- Must practice sound logic and reasoning.
- Must have strong skills in work planning.
- Must be able to stand all day.