Boxes Inc. was established in St. Louis in 1977. In those 40+ years, Boxes Inc. has become an industry leader by providing printed and litho laminated corrugated products including industrial shipping and packaging products, POP displays and signage across the St. Louis area.
It is Boxes Inc. commitment to hard work, innovation, quality, customer satisfaction and a “can do” attitude that has enabled the company to grow to more than 300 employees in a new facility totaling more than 500,000 square feet.
We are seeking an Assistant Controller to join our Accounting Department and be an integral part of our team. This is an opportunity to grow and advance your career within the Company. In this role, you will support management’s financial and operational reporting and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating financial and operating information. You will work with employees at all levels of the organization both at the corporate office and the manufacturing locations to identify, analyze, and report on what drives company performance.
- Prepare financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as operating costs, project margin analysis, capital expenditure rate of return, working capital, and cash flow.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of month-end and quarter-end financial reporting packages for Board of Directors, banks, sureties and internal users.
- Responsible for treasury management and cash flow forecasting.
- Help develop, maintain and analyze key performance metrics, reports, and dashboards.
- Coordinate variance analysis and explanations.
- Prepare consolidated forecasts and budgets, and analyze trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
- Participate in year-end audit preparation
- Develop financial models/tools to understand strategic initiatives - “what-if” scenarios
- Take lead on specialty projects to improve process efficiency and control costs, working with other departments in preparing analyses.
- Compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data developed
- Assist with presentations to Senior Management and Board of Directors and other duties as assigned
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and accounting skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and comfortable working with ERP software systems
- Ability to prepare reports with graphs and charts
· Ability to travel to plant locations
· Highly driven with desire to take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field
· 3+ years business related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.