Boxes Inc. was established in St. Louis in 1977. In those 40+ years, Boxes Inc. has become an industry leader by providing printed and litho laminated corrugated products including industrial shipping and packaging products, POP displays and signage across the St. Louis area.
It is Boxes Inc. commitment to hard work, innovation, quality, customer satisfaction and a “can do” attitude that has enabled the company to grow to more than 300 employees in a new facility totaling more than 500,000 square feet.
We are seeking an HR Generalist/Payroll Specialist to join our talented team and make a difference to our employees at all levels! In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist in all areas of human resources including payroll, benefits, policy administration and employee engagement.
- Processes weekly payroll for facility including all reporting and related payroll functions for 300+ employees.
- Updates and maintains payroll system including all employee status changes ensuring accuracy
- Manages preemployment process including assisting with recruitment, offer letters, background checks, drug testing, and scheduling and participating in new hire orientation.
- Manages 401k and assists with benefits administration.
- Coordinates temporary employees and staffing ensuring effective onboarding
- Maintains and updates employee files including leading efforts for all digital files
- Processes employment verification requests
- Handles garnishments and unemployment claims
- Employee engagement activities
- 3+ years payroll experience (UltiPro/UKG a strong plus)
- 3+ years Human Resources Generalist experience
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent service and support to all employees at all levels of the organization
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
- Team oriented and strong collaboration skills
- Positive and can-do attitude